Recently my family and I decided to travel down to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to spend the day at Water Country. It was a Saturday and if I had thought a bit harder about it would have choose a weekday instead. There were like a trillion people and lines were long. We opted to pay an extra $14.00 for "preferred" parking which left us only steps away from the entrance. This was good for a family who had a lot of baggage to bring with them. The lines to enter the park went quite fast and I was happy to see they accepted all credit/debit cards. We are an Amex using family and sometimes it can be a challenge just to find places that accept it. It was a bit expensive for a family of four at 37.00 each however they did offer a nice discount if you purchased a family of four online ticket for a total of $115.00. Once in the park it was a bit overwhelming to say the least. All the attractions seemed to be spaced far from each other. While taking a walk I came across a part of the park I didn't even know was there. We rented a cabana which cost an extra $80.00 but was well worth the money to have your own space to retreat to. I can honestly say that I can not fathom ever going to another water park without the use of a rented cabana. It had four lawn chairs, two which could lay flat and a side table that was enjoyed our lunch on.
Remember to bring water shoes! I did not buy a pair and ended up with blisters due to the hot hot ground and graveled pools. They did have a nice size shop there that carried the shoes along with bathing suits, trinkets, and personal care products. The prices were typical for any amusement park and I would suggest always bringing your own stuff. The food was very high priced we ended up getting two hot dog meals (hot dog and chips) one hamburger meal, and "adding" fries for a few bucks more. I think it all cost a total of $28.00. You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks, I would suggest this next time only because of the cost and time spent in line. It really was a fun day we ended up being there from about 11:00 am to 5:30 pm. The kids definitely slept well that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment